Monday 23 April 2012


On Being A Foster Mum...



When asked if I would foster orphaned pups, it came as a shock but only took me seconds to say yes! It is a decision I have never regretted, even after the sleepless nights, the wagging tails, eager eyes and little cries of hunger stir your heart. Then comes the contented sucking sound as they enjoy their first meal of yet another new day of life; it is enough to make your heart burst.

I started out believing I could stay detached, as the goal, of course, is for these little wards to be placed in forever homes with their new permanent families, but it is impossible! I know now that I love them enough to want a loving family of their very own, meaning I have succeeded in my task of giving them that chance. How rewarding is that?

If you have time and patience, there is NO other job as rewarding; you will have a bigger heart with more love to give by the time they leave your care, not to mention the many hours of fun and enjoyment along the way.

The support of VSPCA, a wonderful organization that I feel privileged to be a very small part of, is always just a phone call away.

Carolyn- VSPCA Volunteer

No comments:

Post a Comment